Lilo and Stitch Halloween Costume

torsdag 29. oktober 2015

Hello and welcome to my brand new blog! Im so super excited to be posting here, I can barley wait! 

My very first post will be my halloween costume, wich was so much fun making. It really got me into a redesign and sewing mood, so stay tuned for both videos and picture posts.

When I was younger I used to love the Lilo and Stitch movies. Specifically the first one, I watched it over and over again along with Mulan and Pocahontas. Those were probably my favorite Disney movies of all time. But back to the point. I really loved Lilo and Stitch,  I already had the Stitch stuffed animal, so I wanted to make a Lilo costume. But I thought that the dress would be very basic so I wanted to make her hula outfit as well. That way people could decide which one they wanted to be. 


I looked everywhere for a hula skirt (☝︎) but could not find one. I ended up with a silk scarf and a pair of green jeans (that really smelled like cigarettes by the way), to make a skirt.  And I think it turned out pretty great. I guess this costume is more of an inspired than a replica, which I think is okay :)

Every clothing piece (excluding the flower crown and the white top) was bougth at Fretex, which is Norways answer to goodwill :) All in all both costumes was about 300 NOK or about 35 dollars. Wich is  A pretty good deal if you ask me  ✌︎  It will be a lot cheaper if you already have some of these items at home. Or maybe your aunt or grandma has something you can have. You can really get these costumes for free!





The flower crown is about a year old, I bought it at Claire's and Stitch is from Disneyland ♥︎

☟☺︎I made a YouTube video documenting just about everything I did making the costumes☺︎☟



I would love to know what you think and/or if you try it out!

xx, Hedda ♡



Ingen kommentarer :

Legg inn en kommentar